Yoga is about self-transformation and developing ourselves as humans. It brings strength, flexibility, resilience and clarity of mind. This clarity comes from awareness and observation, from following through on what we start and becoming steady in our habits.
If you’ve never done yoga before or only a few classes here and there, we recommend starting in a Beginners Course, then making your way into Level 1 classes from there.
Beginners Courses are the optimum way to start yoga.The Yoga Centre recommends these courses for brand new students to yoga or for those who are wishing to restart.
Over 6 weeks you will learn the foundations of yoga asanas (postures) in a systematic and methodical way. These courses will prepare you for level 1 classes.
Level 1 + Open Level classes are foundation classes and are best suited to people who have some experience in the basics. You can come to these classes by attending the same class each week or come as your schedule allows. Choose either a 10 or 5 class pass to use to attend any of these classes when you can.
For more information download our New Student Information Pack (Autumn 2018 Update coming soon)
Information for New Students
• Arrive 10 minutes before the class start time.
• All mats and other props are provided, or feel free to bring your own mat.
• Do not eat for 3 hours before class. Food in the stomach will make you feel heavy and lethargic and even unwell as you move into more advanced asanas.
• Wear clothes that you can move in but that are not too loose ie: t-shirts, tights or shorts are fine. Yoga is done in bare feet.
• If a class is underway please wait quietly outside the studio door until the class is finished and the teacher invites you in.
• If you have an injury or condition that may impact your yoga please advise the teacher when you arrive.